Thursday, November 29, 2007

8:30 on a hopful thirsty thursday

Alright... It's 8:30. As you know (If you've read up to this point) I dropped my first class so I now get about an hour extra in the morning to do whatever it is I feel necessary. Sadly, since one of the roommates brothers, and his friends, stole food at the house I usually party at on Thursdays, we can no longer hold our weekly festivity of thirsty Thursday there. Which is lame and makes me sad. So my duty today is to find a new, better place to party on a Thursday!

Today I feel like free-styling a poem for everyone. In this poem, I will try to work in the work heliotropic, as per Guenette's challenge. Here it goes!


Mosaics vs. Tile-Flooring

The grout or the caulk,
Some never could tell the difference,
I find myself in the same situation sometimes,
Attempting to figure out who's where,
And where's his fake hair?

Then again there are other factors,
Which play into "Whos on first.",
And my plant being on second,
They don't realize the gum will stick,
And the man on second is heliotropic.

A grand master of his art,
Used to destroy all his pieces claiming,
They're not good enough!
Apparently he never thought of the journey,
Maybe it was that he ate too much gournay?

Some never know,
Some never think,
Some never thank,
Some never will,
Some never kill...
At least that's finally a plus, eh?

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey! Thanks for the visit to my blog.

You should also go visit on her blog. She's busy writing her book. And she's just a great person.

Unknown said...

OK. That didn't come out right. It's Shebee at http://sheena-ifthesewallscouldtalk.blogspot.com/

Elise said...

You free styled that? Do you belong to one of those groups? The type that drink coffee and randomly come out with genius poetry...

I've read about this, people that seem to just have a very artistic way of thinking!

xx

Michelle Hix said...

"So my duty today is to find a new, better place to party on a Thursday!"

God, why can't this be my duty today? Seriously. Can I give up my life for just one day to go back to college...back to the party...back to that life of that girl who had nothing to worry about and her whole life ahead of her? Oh what I wouldn't give to go back!

Cocaine Princess said...

Thank you for leaving a comment on my page and for linking me. I'm trying to link yours to mine but I'm having trouble doing it. I believe writers do have a Dr. Jekyll/Hyde personality. I've looked into self publishing and I have heard a lot of people complain about it so I don't know. From one fellow writer to another, be strong, ignore the negative comments, kill the self doubt and have faith and persistance. Please do keep in touch.
XOXOXOXO,
Cocaine Princess

Tequila Mockingbird said...

you need to find a bar like Liquor Lyles. they have stiff drinks, two happy hours to accomodate alcoholics of different work schedules, AND give you free fried chicken.

Michelle Hix said...

Chris

Reading how you were challenged to use the word heliotropic, I decided to take it on myself. So you have inspired my latest blog entry today! Come take a look.
Michelle

Michelle Hix said...

Anyone seen Chris...?