Saturday, November 24, 2007

A slow saturday

So it was a crazy night last night. As usual. I went to a party near Emerald st again. Good times, new people met, people I met last week re-met, went to see my lovely girlfriend, came back, saw a buncha people I didn't know, a fight broke out downstairs, got hit in the back of the head while ushering people out... I was in peace-keeper mode so, thankfully, I decided not to do anything but bitch about it. Then partied more!

So yeah, it was great fun. Though now it's Saturday and now I'm sitting at home with nothing to do but watch movies on T.V. Or, of course, write. Which it seems I shall do.

I've got another poem for ya.

Flavor of Captivation
Dark clouds loom overhead again,
But hope shines through the hole-punched depression.

The rays of god cast shadows,
Like stones over a lake.

Who still fishes for gold on the beach?
They don't know buried treasure lies in books?

Pages of unread gold, burned before birth,
The abortion of inspiration is a true crime,

Pleasant breezes make me apathetic,
Like bananas to primates in stereotypicaland.

3 comments:

Name: Matthew Guenette said...

If you think my poem is "snappy", I'll take it as a compliment. Watching that German kid was like watching an addict suffer through with withdrawal. For real. I won't vote on your poems. "Publishable" is irrelevant at this point. What matters is that you are writing. Believe me. I had a wall--A FULL WALL--in my apartment covered with rejection letters before I ever got a poem published in a literary journal (I was 27 years old, a very late bloomer). Here's a word for you--"heliotropic"--can you fit it in a poem?

Good looking blogs, Chris.

Elise said...

"Who still fishes for gold on the beach?
They don't know buried treasure lies in books"

Its so true! Again a beautiful poem x

Michelle Hix said...

"But hope shines through the hole-punched depression." Isn't this the truth? I like the way you put it.