Friday, November 16, 2007

The no hangover friday

So I woke up today around 11 to a call from my favorite sexy minor. Maybe I'm a pervert for thinking such things? Either way, I'm wondering if I should give you one or two... Or maybe even my entire Haiku session from yesterday... Along with the poems I wrote... Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... We'll go with the Haikus today.

-Is It True?-
Is it true? They ask,
Sometimes I wonder myself,
Then comes apathy.

-Untrue Love- (I might have to use this title again sometime)
Fleeting emotion,
Is this actually love?
None will ever know.

-Maybe someone cares?-
Sharing is caring,
Who really cares anymore?
Ideologists?

-Deserved Sleep-
Too tired to live,
Revitalizing coma,
Rebirth tomorrow.

-Christ-
Walking on water,
Like he was gods one true son,
Wisdom was his lie.

-Inner Song-
The beat continues,
In sync with the melody,
It should never stop.

-Hope Vs. Will-
Hope can guide your path,
But will will drive you onward,
To achieve your goal.


So those are a few of my haikus... I actually decided I'll give you a full poem too. So many to choose from... Eh, I'll go with Who First?

Who First?
Who first decided to paint the sky?
Who first made music?
Who first said someone else wasn't as good as them?
Who first smoked a joint on the beach?
Who first spoke a coherent word?
Who first died of alcohol poisoning?
Who first planted a tree?
Who first found love? The true kind that is.
Who first wore a belt, rather than pants that fit?
Who first discovered god?
Who first claimed god wasn't real?
Who first ran a mile in someone else's shoes?
Who first betrayed their dearest friend?
Who first lied for personal gain?
Who first told someone they couldn't?
Who first... Wrote?

2 comments:

Michelle Hix said...

Chris...came on over from Elise's blog again...you commented on her blog
"As for love, ah darling... We all hope for it, but in this day and age, it's one of those lost causes not even worth hoping for. In my opinion, at least." Lost causes???? I'm thinking that you are way too young to make this statement! You must hope for love! Its looking for you and its so wonderful when it finds you. :)

amanda said...

I'm a jack of all trades in the literary world, my friend. Poetry and short stories appeal to me just as much as novels. I think you have potential. A little rough, but potential. I have a book in the works, too. Though I don't know what will happen to it, as I have no time to actually write it, and its starting to stagnate a little in my brain. I'll start hitting up your blog for sure, give you updates every once in a while. best of luck! And, for books. Start with something easy, something fun, something not necessarily "literature." Something fast and furious and entertaining. I'd go with what I reccomended a few days ago, Simon R Green. It makes me laugh out loud. luck with that whole writing thing. I know where you're coming from.