Wednesday, November 14, 2007

The anticipation of Thirsty Thursday...

The agony of waiting to be with many a friend eats at me... I sit here listening to up-beat, intense music. Daft Punks "Homework" to be exact. I wish it had Better, Harder, Faster, Strong on it... I love that song. I hate Kanye Whiniest even more for having butchered such a good piece of music.

Well, I thought I might share another recent poem with all of you. Soon I'll also be putting one of my older short stories up here, called "The Mask". If you enjoy my writing, I think you'll enjoy it.

Lady Bug
Its hue matched the liquid on my pants,
"Is that mine or his?"
I thought, but it didn't matter anymore.

Like the tears dried from an old memory,
The lady bug had gone,
But the song it sang to me that day,
Will live on as a theme to melancholy.


Another poem I've got that I feel like sharing is up now. I got my inspiration from a title in the book Actual Air, which I was lent by my english teacher Matthew Guenette (who is linked over on the left side... If you're too slow/lazy to hold up both hands to see which one makes an L, your left is <- that-a-way.) and is by David Berman. It's quite a good read. Anyway, onto the poem.

See Ex Eye
The ground shook like after-shock,
As the train passed by,
It reminded me of anger,
But I was sad inside.

I thought of Shannon,
Knowing the last time I'd seen her,
Would be exactly that.

I can't be reminded of the past,
When they live in the future,
And goals set in the now,
Are as far past as the train.




Well, that's my post for today, hope you enjoyed it... Hope anyone read it...
Cheers to my tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed both poems and look forward to reading more of your writing.

Elise said...

I enjoyed reading your blog. Your rant about children was so funny!

Most people don't like to admit it but we have all been there at the restaraunt with the screaming kid... To solve this problem just go out to eat later.

Your poems are really good. I prefered the second one. The first verse is very well written x