Sunday, November 18, 2007

Sunday...

Well, after a nice weekend of tomfoolery and falling down/up stairs, through screen doors, it's time to get to work on life again huh? Makes me sad, but hey, maybe someone will read this poem I decided to share.

The man then the TV

"A ficus, no... Wait what do they look like again?"
A balding man once asked me
The sweat on my palms dried as he walked away
Morality sounds like a strategy now-a-days
Maybe I'm the strategist?

Someone looked like the pope today
Turned out to be a computer analyst
Was I wrong to yell at that car?
It looked like shit
But smelled like money.

The stars never showed tonight
They stood me up again
The smoke from the horizon comforted me
Like cuddling with a stranger
But it felt so right.

The pictures all had the same expressions
Overly intense to the point of bordem
Fake smiles and too many polos
This fashion statement never should have been
Like too much eyeshadow or crocs.

Super-strength in ones own mind
Doesn't make up for being old
Maybe TV makes us like that
Or maybe a lack of apathy
I doubt we'll ever know.

2 comments:

Elise said...

I like this poem

Its like the random thoughts that entre my mind, leading onto another

x

Juliana said...

I see that you like to write poem. Nice... I wish i could do that :)