Monday, November 12, 2007

First post

I thought I ought to start this out interesting, so here's a little poem that I wrote today about my job.

Routine
Yawn, coffee, ring, ring...
"Hello?"
"Hi my name-"
Click.

Yawn, coffee, ring, ring...
I hang up before they can,
This job hates me,
But I hate it more.
The routine is fine,
Kind of like hitting the snooze button,
But this time on life.

Yawn, coffee, ring, ring...
"Hello?"
"Hi my name-"
"Fuck off."
Click.

I wish they'd let me start,
Maybe if I call them obscenities first?
To grab their attention at least?

Either way, I hear it buzzing again,
Oh shit...
I can't find the snooze.


So, that's "Routine" (I would underline it, but I don't feel like putting the effort into the html right now.) I write to keep out of its loop as much as possible. There will be many more poems, short stories, rants, etc up soon. I might decide to take this habit up, who knows?

3 comments:

Name: Matthew Guenette said...

Off to a good start Chris. I hope you have more energy for these than I do. I like the pressure of the blog. It reminds me that there's an audience out there (hopefully), and that means the writing needs to snap, or at least try to snap. This post of yours has snap...

Michelle Hix said...

Chris

Hello! I mosied on over here from Elise's Secrets...love that girl! I can feel true inspiration behind your writing...keep it up. I agree with Matthew about the pressure of the blog. I personally feel like it changes my voice a bit. But it also makes me write better. I'm pretty impatient...once I get an inspiration I tend to get it up on my blog pretty quick and later I look back and realize I need to clean it up a bit. I hate going back to old stuff though. Check me out if want. I'll be back!

Anonymous said...

Свиньи смотрят на нас как на равных
!!!