Tuesday, November 27, 2007

A taxing/tragic tuesday

Alright, so I dropped my aerobics/weight-training class... Well, mainly I just stopped going because I missed too many classes. So... Forget it? That's all dandy with me. Just hope I pass the rest of my classes.

As for Tuesday, I've got a poem that's been in the writing book #2 for... A couple weeks now. Here it is...

Midnight in a Dream

The critter laid near
No more noise out of it
Though the bushes still rustled
At least in my mind
Like a dog chasing its tail
I continued down the pier
Maybe Jesus cheated too?
The night grew long
As the clock faded out
But I was content with the screams
Insidious eyes watched me from the clouds
The moon smiled though
Contemplation was a must
If not just for sanity
Never will I remember who called to me
Then again, never will I forget their voice
Alleyways smelled like old cheese and perfume
A mingling of scents I would seldom condone
Singing in the distance, off key of course
Familiar but indiscernible
Like a death rattle from a dwarf
Lights of neon flickering, cheap bars still open
Thunderous footsteps like a human millipede
I didn't bother to look
A window broke my train of thought
Then I realized I had made it home.

No comments: