Thursday, January 31, 2008

Thursdays without being thirsty suck.

So it's thursday... Usually I would be eagerly awaiting a thirsty thursday at someones house, but not today. I decided a few days back that I'm going to stop drinking for a while, and I can't smoke ganja either. So I'm completely in my mind... God that's fuckin' scary. To be stuck with yourself is bad enough, but to be stuck with ME... Hope I survive it. Either way, I've got another poem, and on a side note, I've decided to run for president for 2012... Seriously.

A Vantage on Campus

I watch all the people walk by,
I wonder how many of them are high,
Maybe I should ask?

I read a chapter called "how to wonder,"
People don't have that skillful thunder?!
I would perish if I were them.

I watch them walk,
More like lumber or mindlessly stalk,
I hope none of them are terminal.

I saw a shirt that read "Hurley,"
Written in a fashion that reminded me of a swirley,
I contemplate if those are given anymore.

I watch the waves of bodies flood in,
Enemies? Friends? Possibly kin?
Any of the above are fine,
As long as they're optimistic.

5 comments:

Elise said...

Watching people as they walk huh? Wondering if they're high?

I know you haven't been drinking but you've had a teeny tiny puff of something?

Great poem as usual xx

Anonymous said...

yeah, i know what you mean. w/ school and everything i don't have time to hang out much w/ friends xD

Miss Ticket Stubs said...

This is a really nice vision of campus life. Great work!

I'm tagging you for a 10 for 10, which is 10 verses about you, and then you challenge 10 others to do the same thing. It's a great way to get to know more about each other! If you can then comment on my 10 for 10 with a link to your own (or just post your 10 for 10 in the comments section of mine), that would be great. Good luck!

HeatherrrEloise said...

like the poem.
and i get you on the being stuck with yourself is scary.
it is some days.
just me and my mind.
eeek.

Michelle Hix said...

I think we are all terminally something or other.