Thursday, January 17, 2008

English 2

So I'm sitting in my English 2 class, not listening to my Bulgarian teacher speaking in her accent. Nothing against Bulgaria/ns but I'm not sure she should be teaching an English class. Since none of you have really looked at my post about being robbed I guess I must have bored you and will now add a few poems.

Who Knows Where It Is We Go

It's an impossibility to know
when, where, or why we go
After death, that is.

I wonder how religious zealots
came to their conclusions?
Maybe too many drugs.

The only thing that is absolute
Is that some time we will go
Though the mystery of such a thing...

It's what drives us to be the best
the top-tier humans of our time
The unique thirst of recognition.

Hopefully one day we'll have an idea.

6 comments:

Name: Matthew Guenette said...

Chris--

Don't discount Rossitza, she knows what she's doing...

Glad you're still writing, but careful calling down the wrath of other poets. I think Mariyln's poem was tip-top. Taste & luck, success in writing isn't about much more than that...

Commissioner said...

I enjoyed the synical edge of this one.

Pallav said...

its a cafeteria of the dead after death, eternal coffee and unlimited wifi connectivity...and laptops for everyone :D

thanks for linking man! please do subscribe to the feed. i have linked to you and will keep reading ;)

Cheers!

N

Elise said...

I've missed your poems...

Its quite a scary thought that one day we are all going to die. I like believing that we go somewhere and that we don't just disappear xx

Zexk said...

Ahaha, Bulgarian teaching English.
It never works...


Plz check out my blog too, http://zexk.blogspot.com/

HeatherrrEloise said...

i liked that poem a lot.
and i always thought it was
funny when someone who didn't
speak english as his/her first
language teaching english.
always has cracked me up.