Monday, January 21, 2008

Martin Luther King Jr Day

I'm not doing much of anything right now aside from finishing homework and waiting for a friend to call. I've got a poem for you guys, not that I'm experiencing what it's about (obviously) but I thought it's alright.

Writers Block

Seemingly insurmountable,
Anger ensues.
Life seems to stop,
As though a phantom stole your soul.
How and why are questions that ensnare,
Though they fall on the deafest of ears.
One true cure is a new muse,
Or a change of scenery,
But nothing short of a miracle,
Will stop such carnage and agony.

6 comments:

Commissioner said...

Nicely done in reference to a phantom. :)

HeatherrrEloise said...

just a few days ago i was
screaming at myself to find a
new muse or a drastic change to
provoke some real writing.

liked this poem:]

Michelle Hix said...

I've been working on finding inspiration...just cant seem to get pen to paper or fingers to keyboard as fluently as when there is a great inspiration behind me. I'm not one of those people that can just write about anything. So I definitely can identify with the poem.

Sebastian Tigermilk said...

I enjoyed this...what is your novel about?
Its quite the conflict, you're either happy and have nothing of substance to write about, or the writing just spills out of you because you're unhappy with everything else...

Miss Ticket Stubs said...

A feeling we all know too well, I'm sure! I hope you are able to free your mind and write soon!

http://unskilledpoet.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

i think the best solution for writer's block is to write about writer's block and VOILA!

Good poem...find a new muse and kick ass!

N