Friday, December 21, 2007

Wrapping and Writing

Not very long til Christmas. I'm more interested in the family time and free stuff than I am about celebrating some dead mans birthday. (Can you tell I'm not christian? =P) So I decided I would write a poem off the top of my head about Christmas.

Christmas in my mind.

The lights outside guide my gaze,
The trees lit up leave my mind in a haze,
Is it time for Jesus to come see us?
Oh wait, that's San-t Claws.

Presents being dropped through chimneys,
I never had one as a child, did Santa never come?
No, his magic is much more powerful that I thought,
When in reality I guess parents are good liars.

I try to think of animated Frosty,
But all I get is Jack Frost,
Stabbing children with icicles,
I'd much rather have spiked eggnog.

Christmas music on CD makes me sick,
They have a sick desperation to their melody,
Going hand in hand with their attempts for money...
Or what they think is happiness.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i despise christmas music as well, especially when they get too religious.. i'm not really expecting much this xmas, never really do, my family's been programmed to give money as a gift since i hit puberty lol

Steesher said...

I wonder if you guys ever get the good Christmas songs that we have over here in the UK. Fairy Tale of New York by The Pogues is everyones favourite, then you have I Wish It Could Be Christmas Every Day by Wizard and finally Merry Christmas Everybody by Slade. Apart from them, Christmas songs are pretty sickening.

HeatherrrEloise said...

I am not a big holiday fan
to begin with because my family
is bonkers and it is truly horrible all of them in one room together.


But the spiked eggnog makes it all worth it.
Lol.

jeff said...

Interesting. I'm not to into Chirstmas anymore but I am just glad to see family that I haven't seen for awhile. And I'd rather have spked eggnog as well