Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Californigurgitation

It thinks it's a phoenix, rising from it's own ashes.
That which feels reborn every era.
It's like a sad regurgitation of itself.
That which feels reborn every era,
But in reality it's just a more sickening machine,
Bringing destruction to itself and all those who remain in it too long.

Flashy hairstyles, Brand new trends,
I feel the vomit creeping up my throat
as I heard her say "bombie."
Apparently that's the newest word to be shat out.

I can't even fathom the way these people live,
How do they manage to breathe?
The only things I ever hear about is who owns what,
Like the daughter of Sunny and Cher owning a "bombie restaurant",
With an over-paid host who used to be in a world-wide band,
But spent all his money on suing the label for telling them to change their sound.

Too much face work?
Get some more,
Pretty soon they'll have an outlet store,
Don't worry about your problems or health for that matter,
It can all be cured by the paid knife,
But you'll still be stupid the rest of your life.

I hope they're happy,
When they're pretty and a hoe,
Cuz afterall it's not about what you can do,
It's about who you can blow.



6 comments:

Pete Moring. said...

Hi Christopher,

Thanks for visiting 'The poets Lodge' and linking to it.

I've read through a lot of your stuff both here and your other blog. I will be linking to you, but suggest a little 'anger management' somewhere down the line.

Maybe you're smokin' the wrong type of weed. (That dang skunk is trouble).

All the best.

Pete.

Keaira said...

teehee oh my god, who is this pete guy who has commented you! funny guy! i so did not see that weed comment coming...

anyways nice blogging!

good luck with your novels and poetry!


Keaira

Michelle Hix said...

I don’t make it a habit to solicit for people to read my blog…but my recent post is concerning a very sad death in Iraq and a very touching story (I did not write it) that I wanted to share with everyone. Stop by when you get a chance.

Kat Mortensen said...

Hi Chris! Haven't been here in a bit what with the holiday season, but thought I'd check out your latest. Like your Californigurgitation (great title). As a child of the sixties, I feel it my duty just correct you; it's Sonny and Cher (god rest his soul - did you know he died in a skiing accident? Classic - hit a tree. What a way to go.)
Always like your stuff. Stop by Poetikat's for a Valentine's Day contest - and spread the word.
Kat

DragonRaid said...

very strong. very true.

Meghna said...

Hi Christopher,
I'm new here. I love your blog. You'll be a very good writer. I'll love to be the first one to read your novel. By the way, any thoughts on publishing a bok on poems. This one was lovely :D